1) Taylor Swift publically calls out Kanye West for his recent lyrics on The Life Of Pablo. We all remember what happened a couple of years ago at the MTV movie awards when Kanye told the world that Beyonce deserved to win over Taylor. Kanye made a joke in his most recent album saying that he is why Taylor Swift is so famous. Taylor did not respond at all, but her brother sure did post a video of him throwing his “Yeezy’s” in the trash can as a sign of disrespect. Taylor responded to Kanye in the form of a Grammy speech:
“There are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success, or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame,” Swift said. “But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday, when you get where you’re going, you’ll look around and you will know that it was you and the people who love you who put you there, and that will be the greatest feeling in the world.”- Taylor Swift
2) It was a pretty disappointing night for the R&B lovers who were expecting Rhianna and Lauryn Hill. Rhianna was set to perform “Kiss It Better” from her new platinum album ANTI at the 2016 Grammys. Rhianna had to cancel due to an upper respiratory infection, although a lot of artists sounded like they should have done the same (not gonna say any names LOL) we hope Rhi Rhi gets well soon! Lauryn Hill was set to do a joint performance with The Weeknd, according to Lauryn’s Camp the performance was “prematurely” announced and everything was not set in stone. We are always excited to see these 2 amazing artists perform, maybe next time!
3) Beyonce gracefully responds to all of the recent controversy surrounding her Superbowl performance. We all did not expect Beyonce to make any appearances at The Grammy’s this year. Her appearance was kept so under wraps that her dressing room was labeled “Pb&J”, so that nobody would leak the news! Beyonce presented the award for “Record Of The Year”, in her speech said:
“Art is the unapologetic celebration of culture through self-expression. It can impact people in a variety of ways, for different reasons, at different times. Some will react, some will respond, and some will be moved.” -Beyonce Knowles
Well said B, people are getting so caught up in what is supposed to cause reactions and be a form of self-expression, not a political statement!
4) Adele doesn’t sound so good for once! Even Adele has off nights, she is human too. Adele sang “All I Ask”, a song co-written by Bruno Mars but the sound was janky. Twitter was not having it, they called her out for being pitchy and off-key. Adele tweeted and blamed the piano mics for the technical difficulties. We aren’t mad at you Adele, shit happens!
5) A$ap Rocky takes A$ap Yams mom as his date! The pretty “MF” is also one of the sweetest guys on the planet. It’s been about a year since the death of Yams, and it is so beautiful to see his friends holding down his family. Even though her son as passed the A$ap mob is still making sure she is straight and able to experience all of the amazing things happening for them. She said she was super excited to see The Weeknds performance, R.I.P YAMS.