Oh but it worked!

Hours after #FREEMEG started trending, thee stallion herself tweeted she’s indeed dropping new music soon!

The H-town hottie took to her IG Live to reveal her current issues with 1501 Entertainment after requesting to renegotiate her contract. Meg admitted that at the tender age of 20, she was unaware of the exact details of her contract.


Megan claims 1501 gets 60% of her recording income and the remaining 40% goes to her, but she has to pay engineers, mixers & featured artists. According to the suit, the contract calls for all money from Megan’s touring and live performances to be paid directly to 1501 Certified.

— Rap Alert (@__rapalert) March 3, 2020


 “When I signed, I didn’t really know what was in my contract,” she said. “So when I got with Roc Nation, I got real management, I got real lawyers, and they was like, ‘Do you know that this is in your contract?’ And I was like, ‘Oh, damn, that’s crazy—no, I didn’t know.’”


She said she wasn’t mad at 1501 and wasn’t looking to leave the label.

“I’m not mad at 1501, I wasn’t upset ’cause I’m thinking in my head, ‘Oh well, everybody cool, we all family, it’s cool, it’s nice,’” she said.

“I’m not a greedy person. I’m not a person that likes confrontation. I’m not a person that’s a bitch. I work with everybody, and I’m nice, and I’m real family-oriented. But ni**as gon’ be ni**as. And they gon’ be greedy and they gon’ be shady. And I see the shit that camp be saying about me, and I be like, ‘Damn, well since you got so much to say, why you just won’t tell ’em why you mad?’ You mad because I don’t want to roll over and bow down like a little bitch and you don’t want to renegotiate my contract.” 


1501 Entertainment CEO and founder Carl Crawford alluded to the contract dispute in a post about “loyalty.”

“At a time when loyalty is at an all time low it’s nice to be link with @jprincerespect who is steady teaching me how to move in this cutthroat industry,” Crawford wrote alongside a photo with Rap-A-Lot Records founder James Prince. “And I know that terrifies some especially the ones who double cross me.”

“We are very happy the Court granted our TRO and thrilled that the world should be able to now hear Megan’s new music on March 6,” her attorney, Richard Busch, told TMZ.   “We will now proceed with the other claims set forth in the [lawsuit].”



Oh GOSH. Don’t make this a Megan vs. Taylor discussion.

Let’s just #FREETHESTALLION and get brace our knees for some new music!