That’s right, August 3rd is National Watermelon Day!
This fruit is just so good, it has its own holiday.
Watermelon is not only a refreshing summer snack, there are tons of amazing benefits too.
1) Watermelon has a source of Vitamin B6, which boosts brain power and functions.
2) Watermelon is super hydrating, made up with 92% water! Perfect for a quick energy boost.
3) According to livelovefruit.com, the citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of body fat!
4) Watermelon is a natural diuretic which helps increase the flow of urine
without straining the kidneys.
5) Watermelon is a great natural electrolyte and thus helps regulate the action of nerves and muscles in our body due to the high levels of potassium.
With other benefits such as Vitamin C, eye health, immune support and wound healing, watermelon is definitely known as a super food.
So not just today, but everyday, feel free to indulge in as much of this yummy seed spittin’ fruit as you’d like!
Happy National Watermelon Day!