The father of Android is back and he’s built the Anti iPhone.
Remember The Sidekick? If you’re old enough (and cool enough) you would probably vote this phone as the coolest of its time.
Andy Rubin, the founder of Android, may have just unveiled a new phone that will give you a real reason to ditch your iPhone. Introducing the Essential PH-1:
At first glance, the phone looks promising, but whether or not it’ll become more popular than other devices is unclear. The fact it is built out of titanium is a plus because it’s not suppose to scratch, dent or bend vs. aluminum.
Other features of the Essential PH-1 include:
- The 5.71-inch screen display is huge and wraps around the front-facing camera.
- A 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The rear-facing camera includes two lenses, one of which is a monochrome sensor.
- It has 128 GB of storage, a fingerprint reader, and no headphone jack.
- You can magnetically connect accessories to the phone’s back, like a 360-degree camera.
- It will come in four colors: Black Moon, Stellar Grey, Pure White, and Ocean Depths.
- It costs $699 unlocked and is available for preorder. You can buy a bundle that comes with the 360 camera for $749.
The PH-1 is not however, waterproof. With the latest rumors about the iPhone 8 there’s no telling if it’s too soon for people to jump on this one.